The Dream to Make the Best Coffee in the World, Since 1931-Scaffhauser was founded by Antonio Schaffhauser. Today it is led by the third generation of the family. Alain Schaffhauser as Chairman and Dieter Brandis as Managing Director. Antonio’s vision of making the world’s very finest coffee has never faded and continues to be our mission as we have never sacrificed our standards for commercial success. Coffee and the Five Senses Inside a beautiful cup of espresso are entire worlds of pleasure, just waiting for your every sense to discover. (Why should taste have all the fun?) Espresso ideally realized is a five-sensation proposition, each sense interacting with another to create a whole greater than the parts, triggering the intellect, the imagination and more. Smell The gateway to taste. Taste At around 65°C (149°F), the ideal temperature for tasting, an ideal espresso sports a deft, delicate balance of sweet, bitter and acidic. Take a tiny sip, and fullness takes center stage. Please hold the sugar, at least to start; let your palate experience espresso in pure form. Touch We literally feel food and drink on the tongue, making touch an important part of the culinary journey. Hearing The grinder’s whir, the tamper’s soft turn. The espresso machine’s exhale. The chime of cup on saucer, the spoon’s sweet, metallic ping. Sight You’ll know a good espresso at first glance. For the eyes, it’s all in the crema on top. Look for subtle texture in shades of brown, crossed by light reddish streaks – like the stripes of a tiger. If crema is too dark brown, has a white button or a black hole at the center, send it back. These are markers for overly long extraction time, too fine of a grind, or excessive temperature and pressure. Crema that is light and flimsy has mirror-image issues. For espresso, expect and accept nothing less than what is right. Schaffhausen, your senses will thank you.
- ☕ EUROPE’S HIGHEST RANKED K-CUP COFFEE NOW IN THE US – Treat yourself to Ultra-Premium Handcrafted Italian Coffee and Kiss American Coffee goodbye! Now you can have the highest quality Italian blend coffee through the convenience of your single serve brewer. Schaffhauser Como coffee pods mesh bottoms allow us to package the freshest product possible, just open up one of these bags and smell it for yourself!
- ☕ ITALIAN OAK ROASTED – Our mission has been to find the world’s finest varieties, wood-fire roast them for the richest, most flavorful coffees available anywhere, at the lowest possible price.
- ☕ INDEPENDENT FAMILY OWNED – We are not affiliated with Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. Keurig and K-Cup are registered trademarks of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- ☕ SUPERIOR TASTE TO ALL OTHER K-CUPS – We adjusted our formula specially for the k-cup brewing process. We have only used the World’s finest Arabica Blends for almost 90 years now and have been producing Award Winners ever since! All choice selected, high altitude, shade grown and handpicked, then roasted very dark, to get a rich complex flavor creating the perfect blend. This caffeinated dark roast has an intense, bold, and smoky flavor in every cup. We use only the best low acid, 100% Arabica
- ☕ MULTI-COMPATIBLE – Schaffhauser Como coffee pods are compatible with most Keurig K-Cup 1.0 and 2.0 brewers, as well as Cuisinart, Bunn, iCoffee and other single serve brewers. Our coffee pods are the better choice of coffee for your single serve brewer, and the environment, all at a lower cost. Schaffhauser pods are made from plant-based renewable resources, designed to offer a French Press experience to your single serve coffee, maximizing flavor and providing a richer and more full-bodied